We are your partner for a successful investment
in the heart of Southeast Asia
Over the past decade, Cambodia has made great progress in further expanding its economy in order to welcome more investments from throughout the world. Its wide range of free market policies, a business-friendly and proactive government, a large international business community and many more lifestyle options are securing the path to expanded economic activity. Annual growth averaged 8% in the past decade, and we are expecting more than 7% annual growth in the coming years.
The capital Phnom Penh is strategically located between Bangkok and Saigon at the center of the East-West Economic Corridor - an ideal location for your long term and secure investment at the heart of ASEAN and the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
To thrive in a highly competitive global business environment while preparing for the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by 2016, the Government of Cambodia has liberalized export and licensing policies, and continues to implement tax reforms.
Some of the key incentives to investors are:
- Preferential access to regional & world markets for products made for export
- Investment protection agreements with the worlds leading markets
- A low corporate tax of 20%
- Full import and export duty exemption
- No requirement for local participation
- No price control on any products or services
- No foreign exchange control
- No restriction on capital repatriation for profits, interests, royalties, investment capital etc.
Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone (Phnom Penh SEZ) was established in 2006 on the outskirts of the capital Phnom Penh. The more than 70 companies located in Phnom Penh SEZ today (10/2014) are enjoying a wide range of support from government institutions based on site - minimizing administrative efforts and providing direct access to fast solutions.
Phnom Penh SEZ offers reliable, flood-safe infrastructural facilities such as generation and distribution of power, water supply, sanitation and sewage systems, telecommunication networks as well as a health clinic, dormitories, restaurants, banks, and office and residential units.
Totalling more than 357 ha in size, Phnom Penh SEZ was to be developed in three phases (see plan), of which two are completed and the third is currently being made available to interested companies.
Phnom Penh SEZ has achieved both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certificates in early 2010, a reward for our commitment to quality, modern infrastructure, the environment and highest levels of customer service.
We operate on professional and transparent international corporate standards, while we support surrounding communities through regular CSR activities and events, which we conduct with our partners and staff.
We encourage light, medium and labor intensive industries to join Phnom Penh SEZ, such as:
- Mechanical and electrical products destined both for export and the local market
- Garment, shoe and fashion industries
- Food processing and agricultural industries for regional and local markets
- Consumer products (pharma, packaging etc.)
- Assembly of pre-produced parts to final product for international, regional and local markets
- Logistics companies
Please do not hesitate to contact us for your individual information package or a site visit.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Hiroshi Uematsu, CEO, Phnom Penh SEZ