Phnom Penh SEZ Plc. (publicly listed in Cambodia under “PPSP”) manages Phnom Penh SEZ with over 357 hectares in size and more than 80 international companies from 15 different nations invested in the zone. We received the approval as a developer of a multi-product SEZ from the Royal Government of Cambodia on 19 April 2006.
The SEZ designation provides considerable government incentives and benefits to SEZ developers, operators and its zone investors, including exemptions from customs tax, income tax and other taxes, resulting in reduced costs for infrastructure, utilities, raw materials and other resources, which increases export competitiveness and benefits international trade.
Our company is principally involved in the business of operating and managing an SEZ with the main purpose of developing industrial land for sale/lease. In addition, as an operator, we are also involved in supplying other relevant services and facilities within Phnom Penh SEZ such as supply and distribution of treated water, rental service, infrastructure maintenance, advisory service and administrative support, wastewater treatment and other services. We are currently operating at National Road No. 4, Sangkat Kantouk, Khan Kambol in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phnom Penh SEZ is currently operating in the proximity of the capital city of Cambodia, Phnom Penh. As of today, it is one (1) out of eleven (11) operating SEZs (from a total of thirty-four (34) approved SEZs) in Cambodia. In addition, Phnom Penh SEZ retained the highest number of zone investors among all approved SEZs in Cambodia and is one of the largest in Cambodia with a land size of approximately 357.32 hectares.
Currently, our company employs ninety-eight (98) personnel.
The competitive strengths of our company include the following:
(i) A strategic location of Phnom Penh SEZ;
(ii) Highly experienced senior officers;
(iii) Our established relationship with customers; and
(iv) Our value added services.
OUR BUSINESS STRATEGIES AND FUTURE PLANS
1. Our Vision and Mission Statement
To become an outstanding SEZ by developing sustainable community by creating opportunities and by improving the quality of life.
To contribute to the industrialization of the country in environment-friendly way with innovative technology.
2. Future plans
- Acquisition of additional land around the zone;
- Diversification in types of zone investors; and
- Generation of recurring revenue for a sustainable business model.
3. Our business strategies
The primary elements for our business strategies are as follows:
- To enhance the overall customer value proposition and customer satisfaction;
- To improve our profit margins and sustainability by introducing new revenue-generating service to the customers;
- To continue to develop considerable available land in Phnom Penh SEZ, which we believe to be the main source of the operating income and the driving force of our future growth;
- To provide multi-modal services to our zone investors;
- To attract and retain senior executives and experienced top executives to contribute towards the development and success of our group; and
- To secure new zone investors from various industries to grow our business.
OUR POIPET PP SEZ PROJECT
Poipet is located a mere two and a half hours from Bangkok and has seen a flurry of business
activity in the past years
Its strategic location combined with widely available and cost effextive labor, modest energy costs and reliable infrastructure are making the region a hotspot in inter-ASEAN business flows and Poipet a strategic location for industrial developments.
Poipet PP SEZ is a subsidiary of Phnom Penh SEZ PLC. and is situated only 8 km east of the Poipet city center with access to one of the key border crossing points with Thailand in the northwest of Cambodia.
Strategically located with direct access to National Road No. 5 (a designated part of the Asian Highway 1), Poipet PP SEZ is an important knot along the Hoh Chi Minh – Phnom Penh – Siem Reap – Bangkok route.
Currently, we are in the process of preparing the necessary documentation to obtain approval for the Poipet project as an SEZ designation.