This dissemination was held under the presidency of H.E. KHEANG Seng, Vice-chairperson of Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU). He gave a briefly orientation on Law on Anti-Corruption Law and Amendment Law on Anti-Corruption. These Laws give full power to Anti-Corruption Institution (ACI). According to Law on Anti-Corruption, the Anti-Corruption Institution is composed of the National Council Against Corruption (NCACU) and the Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU). He stressed that corruption is an insidious plague that has a wide range of corrosive effects on societies. It undermines the democracy and the rule of law, leads to violations of human rights, distorts markets, erodes the quality of life and allows organized crime, terrorism, and other threats to human security to flourish.
After the presentation of H.E Kheang Seng, then Ms. KEM Sopheap presented about the Content of MOU, Benefit from signing MOU, and Procedure for signing MOU. The Content of MOU include:
- The Company, in its ongoing commitments to be a clean entity and to build a transparency culture, will continue to fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to anti-corruption, including the Anti-Corruption Law and the Criminal Code.
- Not associate to commit corruption, be a good model for private sector and encourage other companies take account into consideration to comply with.
- The Company will continue to educate all of its employees to promote a clean environment in dealing with Royal government officials, suppliers, customers, and other organizations or individuals.
- The Company may take a proactive approach, provide information to the ACU about any issues which it may become aware of during the course of its operation for example demanding money from officials.
- The ACU will keep absolute confidentiality of corruption-related information sources and take all necessary measures to keep the corruption whistle blowers secured.
- The ACU and Company will establish a quick, fast and confidential connection access for communication each other every time and every circumstance necessary.
Benefit from signing MOU are:
- Promote the picture, name, mark production, and reputation of company.
- Show the willing of company in business operation with clean and no corruption.
- Protect company’s reputation avoiding offense from Law on Anti-Corruption
- Show willing of private sector in complying with the Law
- Show the world doing business in Cambodia can do with complying the Law.
Benefit in cooperation with ACU include:
- ACU and Company signed MOU shall appoint its representative to work together.
- ACU will act by discretion to protect the interest of company signed MOU.