Phnom Penh SEZ Plc. was incorporated and registered in the Kingdom of Cambodia as a private limited liability company with commercial registration no. Inv. 1076KH/2006 dated 10 May 2006 and was later on converted into a public limited company which was approved by the authority on 7 July 2015. Phnom Penh SEZ Plc., the leading industrial zone developer and operator in Cambodia, is seeking a qualified Cambodian national for the position to be based in Phnom Penh SEZ as below.
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide assistance in legal supports in consultation and analysis to Legal Manager through effective understanding and critical thinking of Cambodian Legal framework.
II. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily assist in preparing legal documents including long term lease agreement, sale and purchase agreement, lease of land, perpetual lease agreement, rental factory agreement, joint venture agreement, brokerage agreement, advisory service agreement, sponsorship agreement, etc. between the company and customers, and other company as required.
- Assist in analyzing legal issues, law, sub-decree, prakas, circular, instruction and all kind of agreements as required.
- Assist in searching new laws and regulations related to real estate, investment, taxation, labor issue, environment, business and so on.
- Assist in processing documents, applications for land transaction, company registration, and other related tasks as needed to public and private organizations.
- Assist in translating laws, rules, regulations, notifications, orders, government correspondence letters from Khmer Language to English Language or vice versa, documents and agreement and filing legal documents properly and confidentially.
- Translate legal contracts or agreements from English Language to Khmer Language or vice versa
- Check the government websites for updated news, new laws, rules, regulations and notification
- Read government newspaper to check updated news, new laws, rules, regulations and notification and tenders
- Assist in drafting letters, notices to clients, public and private institute
- Assist in following up with the customers on the legal documents required by the company.
- Keep and update the legal documents/information of each tenant.
- Perform other tasks that deem fit and required as needed.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor decree of law
- Two years related experience is a plus, or fresh graduate with high self-motivation is encouraged to apply
- Good analysis skills, critical thinking and interpretation
- Good English ability in legal matters, terms
- Good translation skills from Khmer to English and vice versa
- Good writing & speaking in English
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and across different teams
- Willing and eager to learn new things
- Flexible to the work situation
- Have clear-cut of instruction
- Strong academic record –should attach with academic transcripts.
Internal: The incumbent is required to work closely with Legal Officer/Legal Manager and staffs from relevant departments to maintain the company is running on the legal basis to achieve business objectives.
External: Assisting in following up with customers to get related documents for agreement preparation, and confirming the customers on the agreement review.
Interested candidates shall send their CV, Covering Letter with current photo 4 x 6 and expected salary to address below. Attractive remuneration package will be offered to suitable candidates.
Phnom Penh SEZ Plc.
Road 4, Sangkat Kantuk, Khan Posenchey, Phnom Penh
Telephone: +855(0)23 729 798, Fax: +855 (0)23 729 799
E-mail: [email protected]